World War II Memorial App
The first-of-its-kind memorial app.
The World War II Memorial mobile app enables users to explore the history behind the memorial and the millions of Americans it honors. With a user-friendly interface, the app allows for educational interactive experiences, easy navigation, and browsing through breathaking photographs of the World War II Memorial.
"Not only does [the app] give the veterans an opportunity to see how their service is being preserved, but it gives them a chance to see how younger generations can interact with their experiences." - WTOP
World War II Memorial App Features
- Memorial at a Glance: Learn about the Memorial through a scrolling timeline detailing its construction while teaching users key facts about its architecture.
- Operation: Collect: Engage with an interactive scavenger hunt on the Memorial. Complete “missions” in the Atlantic and Pacific theaters, as well as the home front, and learn about the moments that changed the course of history.
- Operation: Explore: Explore the Memorial using an interactive map and learn the meaning and symbolism behind its design.
- Stories of Service: Experience the first-hand accounts from those who served through the “Stories of Service” feature.
- Path to Victory: Follow an interactive timeline detailing the significant milestones of the war.
- Honoring the Fallen: Users can look up the name of any service member who died during World War II through the American Battlefield Monuments Commission.