Help Preserve the Cherry Blossoms
Your contribution will support the care of the
iconic cherry blossom trees and surrounding Tidal Basin.
In partnership with the National Park Service and National Cherry Blossom Festival, the Trust for the National Mall is working to ensure the protection and preservation of the iconic trees and beloved cherry blossom festival experience.
What You Should Know
The magnificent, flowering trees lining the Tidal Basin attract more than 1.5 million visitors annually to
the National Mall.
- Heavy foot traffic during the blooming season compacts the soil, restricting oxygen to the tree roots.
- Repeated flooding caused by the eroding Tidal Basin seawall are an enduring threat to the beloved trees.
How Your Donation Will Help
- Each year, more than 90 failling trees are replaced at a cost of $600 per tree.
- An engineering and design study is needed to develop a more resilient seawall and a reconfigured Cherry Tree Walk to direct foot traffic.
- An endowment requires funding to ensure the long-term maintenance of the cherry trees.
Your gift today will preserve this national treasure for the future.